Let’s Keep The Pressure On!
This coming Tuesday, March 11th join us in calling in to Bob Lee’s office and telling them to Drop The Charges! From 8-12 and 1-5 call the District Attorneys office at (831) 454-2400 and let them know their actions aren’t representing you. The DAs office exists to act on behalf of the residents of Santa Cruz County and has a duty to respond to our opinion.
Some talking points you might use are:
- The overly high and mounting expense of the case (more than $100,000 of taxpayer money in efforts to reimburse $20-25,000 to Wells Fargo)
- The fact that Wells Fargo inflated clean up costs and is a giant corporation with billions of dollars in profit every year
- The toll on the community – the case is already 2 years old and the impact on the defendants and the community as been detrimental and tangible
- The fact of that these charges have “chilled free speech” – negatively affecting our communities right to express our opinions and organize
- The fact that they are pursuing 4 individuals for an action that involved over 100 people (and the fact that judges have already dropped the charges on 7 of the original 11 shows lack of substantial evidence)
- The fact that there is no evidence that any of the defendants caused or supported vandalism
- The fact that in court hearings prosecuting assistant district attorney Greg Peinado has not been empowered to make decisions, or offer reasonable deals, because of pressure from those higher up in the DAs office (perhaps due to Wells Fargo’s financial relationship to Bob Lee’s election campaign)
Thank you for your support and for taking the time to follow this case as it continues its long and twisting course. It is often a strategy of the court to draw things out and strain defendants to the point of taking whatever is offered, and we see vocal and on going support as important not only to the defendants but in highlighting the poor state of our justice system.
Thank you for calling in on the 11th, please help spread the word. Also feel empowered and encouraged to pick up the phone and call Bob Lee’s office anytime, all the time, and remind them that we are watching and to Drop The Charges!